Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's like deja vu all over again

Aaron's Gawker account was one of the accounts compromised recently, so he's been changing his password frantically on all his web accounts, including some that we both use. All evening, he's been pulling his computer open every time he remembered another web site using the Gawker password.

"What's the new one?" I asked. He rattled off a string of letters and numbers. I tried to repeat it and got lost. He helped me memorize it, emphazing the capital letters vs. lowercase.

"Is there a code or some way you remember it?" I asked.

"Nope, it's completely random," he responded confidently. "Not linked to anything significant at all."

"And you're using the same one for all the same accounts?"

"Yep..." he said, realization slowly dawning.

I giggled. He groaned, and pulled his computer open.

No comments:

Post a Comment